How are assets divided in a legal separation?
How do you work out a financial separation calculation?
What am I entitled to in a separation?
- What you've got, what it’s worth and what you owe
- Your direct financial contributions to the relationship such as wage and salary earnings
- Your indirect financial contributions to the relationship such as gifts and inheritances from families
- Non-financial contributions to your relationship such as caring for children and homemaking
- Future requirements, factoring in your age, health, financial resources, care of children and ability to earn
What am I entitled to in a divorce settlement?
How is a divorce settlement calculated?
Who is involved in a financial separation?
- Court officers
- Accountants to investigate the total value of the asset pool, complicated structures and asset protection schemes
- Non-confrontational alternative dispute resolution (ADR) specialists such as mediators or arbitrators