Lifestyle4 January 2022•3 minute read
Plenti launches Dream Index
Plenti put out the call for a sneak preview of consumers’ financial dreams and goals in 2022, and the verdict is in with almost 2,000 respondents participating in a survey that was completed in late December 2021.
Key findings from the Plenti Dream Index revealed the following insights:
- The vast majority (97.4%) of respondents have clear financial goals for the coming year, with only 2.6% having no financial goals
- The largest cohort of respondents, at 49%, said their main financial goal for 2022 was to save money, whilst 16% said it was to make a major purchase such as a car or holiday, while slightly behind 15% said they their main financial goal related to investing
- 41% of respondents said they expect to incur a major expense in 2022 which had been postponed from 2021.
- Where such an expense had been postponed from 2021, 45% of respondents said the delay was due at least partially to the impacts of COVID-19
- The 2022 financial goals for 44% of respondents included an investment in home improvements or home renovations
- Meanwhile, 33% of respondents said one of their financial goal for 2022 was to consolidate their debts
- Despite the uncertainty swirling around us, financial goals for international travel just pipped domestic travel plans, at 28% versus 26% of respondents
- 34% of respondents said they plan to spend more in 2022 than they did in 2021, whilst 44% expect to spend around the same
- Less than 10% expect their planned expenditures to be delayed until 2023, suggesting 2022 is the year they will make it happen